Sunday, November 19, 2006

Gave It My All

I just finished an acting class and it was one of those classes that made me LOVE acting. It wasn't necessarily the class as much as it was my finally "getting it" in regards to my Tennessee Williams monologue. I just put it all out there and laid my insecurities to rest. I went for it and it paid off. Everyone stopped rehearsing their monologues to look on while I performed mine. A small huddle of congratulations formed when I was finished and I was a little embarrassed. But it sure felt AMAZING!

Leona is a dynamic and complicated character. I'm so glad that I've been able to play her. She's opposite of me and it allows me to show some versatility. I wish I could go out and audition right now for some spectacular play. That's the confidence I feel after an awesome class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You pulled it off! Even without getting loaded to truly "get" Leona! Congrats to you, you fake-drunker! I only wish I could have looked on.