Monday, August 27, 2007

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Who doesn't love that movie? "THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!" Oh the joy.

I finally did make it to Birmingham on Friday just past noon. They lost my luggage and it took an hour to find someone who had a clue of what to do. I had to take a cab to the hotel and at that point I was just ready to shower and take a nap. I had had it. I showered and Becky let me borrow one of her shirts. I proceeded to go commando for the rest of the day. Needless to say, those jeans are now in the dirty laundry basket. Luggage still didn't arrive before the rehearsal dinner and thankfully Becky had an extra dress and a brand new pair of underwear. This way I wouldn't have any "Britney" mishaps. Later that night the luggage finally arrived and I brushed my teeth with glee! I did brush my teeth with Becky's toothpaste and my finger earlier in the day. It just doesn't quite get the sweaters off the teeth like a good Oral B toothbrush.

Note to self: always pack extra tampons in your carry-on luggage.

Note to self again: carry-on all your luggage.

Note to self thrice: A good friend is one who will let you have a brand new pair of their underwear.

5 comments:

Patrick & Alicia said...

KATY,

YOU CAN ALWAYS BORROW A TAMPON FROM ME. WHEN IT COMES TO TOILETRIES I AM NOT A SEXIST. I AM HERE TO SERVE ALL.
LOVE, YOUR BROTHER PIMPTRICK

The Mitchells said...

i love that becky had new underwear for the occasion...she's such a priceless friend.

Kate said...

I'll say it again... Would you PLEASE write a book???

Anonymous said...

I'm telling the truth now: I had already worn those panties. I had bought them, worn them once, then washed them for the trip...but I after the breakdown*, I just felt like you needed a little reassurance. And what's more reassuring than new panties?

*I RARELY see Katy cry (that is with the exception of most movies we've watched together) so when she broke into sobs at the airport, I got the same feeling I used to get when my brother and I would make our mom cry when we were little. I was PANICKED, people!

Katy said...

Wow. Thanks for the honesty beckles :-) If I were to wear anyone's used underwear (and only after a proper wash) it would be yours.

And yes, it does take a lot for me to breakdown in an airport. But it wasn't anything a hot shower and a good brushing of the teeth couldn't fix.