Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Life Soundtrack

I so think that my life would be more interesting and dramatic if it had a soundtrack playing in the background as I walked through life. Right now I'm listening to Maroon 5's 'She Will Be Loved' and I'm picturing myself walking along the Michigan Avenue Bridge alone while it's dusk and there's a slight chill in the air. While longingly a tall dark and handsome man looks down from his office and says to himself..."now there's a woman!" Wouldn't life seem so much less lonely if you knew that a soundtrack was playing?
People reading this might think that I'm obsessed with movies and the more dramatic side of life...is it that obvious? It's not like I'm a hopeless romantic or anything...please!
Sitting in my cubicle right now I'm thinking more of a Dolly Parton's 'Working 9 to 5'. Oh yeah, what a way to make a livin'.
Walk into my apartment and you would think the appropriate song would be more along the lines of 'Frosty the Snowman' or 'Winter Wonderland.' Yes, I am aware that it's not even Thanksgiving and I have my tree up. Get off my back and let me enjoy it! Geesh!
I'm waiting for 'It's Raining Men' to even be an option on the Life of Katy Soundtrack.

No comments: