Thursday, December 31, 2009

How Did You Spend Your New Year's in the Decade of 2000?

2000 - Ushered in Y2K at a party at my parent's house and then went with friends to downtown Dallas where we watched the lighting of something we once thought was important but now I can't remember.

2001 - Probably some miserable singles party for church. Beck? Was this that horrible year? I try to put it out of my memory because it was THAT BAD! Church + Singles = Nightmare NYE.

2002 - Was this the year Dallas iced over and Becky, Erin, Andrew, Chris and I went sledding behind our parents' golf cart? That was one of the best New Year's Eve parties EVER! I still want to see the video of Becky flying off the sled.

2003 - Second worst New Year's Eve nights ever. It started off great with Becky, Greg, and Becky's semi-boyfriend, Barrett (whom we dubbed "Barry"). We ate dinner and Greg went to meet some other friends. Then we hung out with Barrett and Becky began to realize that he was old because he didn't know about the Goo-Goo Dolls. We were back in bed around 11:30 pm and asleep. Ugh, that was painful.

2004 - I had just moved to Chicago this year. Patrick and I had friends over to my parent's house to watch movies outdoors on a big screen. Fire place was roaring along with the heaters and it was so much fun.

2005 - Probably one of my best memories. Becky, Russ, Wendy, Kristen, Patrick and I headed over to a house where Hattie was house-sitting. We cooked a huge dinner and sat outside talking, eating and laughing until the wee hours of the morning. Then we had one huge slumber party and a massive breakfast in the morning.

2006 - We tried to create the magic this year but it just couldn't live up to the hype.

2007 - I flew back to Chicago, ate dinner with the roommates and we went and saw Blood Diamond. We are so exciting.

2008 - I was in Dallas and Becky was pregnant. She, Russ, and I went to a delicious Italian restaurant in Lakewood and then sat with all the old people to watch a movie at Mockingbird Station. Was it Charlie Wilson's War? I loved it!

2009 - An exciting night of dinner and Scrabble. Janell, Kate, Alyson and I kept it low-key (aka. lame). I do remember dominating the Scrabble game. I knew then that 2009 would be a good year.

2010 - Party at our place! Should be a fun night.

So long 2009! What will the next 10 years hold?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, 2009 was lame? I'm offended. I was there. Does that mean you're calling me lame? If you call 2010 lame then I'm in big trouble...I was there too.

And, how the heck did you remember every NYE this decade?! I hope the answer is b/c you've been blogging since then and could look it up. :)

AT

Beck said...

2000 was the lighting of the Pegasus in downtown, I think. And I, too, have no idea why it was important. I remember we felt pretty let down - lots of traffic & people to get downtown for the Millennium and then...BORING!

'01 was godawful Watermark singles party. Blame Sid. He invited us. I am positive we were in bed by 10pm. I think I journaled about the impossibility of me ever getting married if the singles group was going to play a role.

'02 - the best! Chris replayed me flying off the sled over and over...sort of like Andrew replaying the Maui helicopter flight: "I wanna see the part where Becky cries!"

I almost snarfed when I read the part about "Barry".

Let's plan an AWESOME NYE sometime soon - destination maybe? I love that I spent 6 out of the last 10 NYEs with you!

Term papers said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Multiplayer Poker said...

Yes, it is solved.