Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Capri


I made it to the Naples train station with no problem. It was nice to sit and not think about anything for an hour or so. I was also thankful to have that backpack off my back. Note to self: next time get the one with the wheels (dad, I know you tried). All I had from my friend Trey was that he would be at the station around 4 or 5pm. I waited and waited and waited and wondered if I was going to have to spend the night in that hell hole. After much prayer and turning down guys named Antonio who offered to help me, Trey miraculously showed up at 6:30. We quickly hopped in a taxi (too expensive but we were both so elated we didn’t care). We found ourselves next on a ferry to Capri and it was gorgeous! A man from a little hostel (Busso di Hermes...we affectionately call it herpes) picked us up and took us up treacherous roads to this cute little place. we slept in bunk beds in a room with 3 girls from jersey. Ignoring the mosquitos and intense heat (and Robin’s snoring) i had a great night of sleep. Today we got breakfast from a market (we're cheapos) and went to the Grotto Azzura. Beatiful, I wish we were staying long enough to swim in it. I also hit the nostalgic old place where I went 6 years ago. Of course it brought back memories of my island romance with Carmine (nothing steamy there). I think we are heading towards Sorrento/Amalfi coast and then to Florence. We are definitely vagabonds in the best of sense. Thank you all for you fun responses. I will email you individually when I can. Thanks for your many prayers. I sure have needed them.

No comments: