Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Despise

I DESPISE going to the grocery store. I've never liked it. I think it's because I become overwhelmed with the crowds of people and the many selections. I've never been great at making decisions (as I've mentioned before). So the grocery store is one big fat nightmare for me. Not only that but it's the juxtaposition of easy cooking with trying to eat healthy. Is there a happy medium. Plus I have a schedule that causes me to only want to eat cereal at night because I'm too tired to fix anything else. Some may call that laziness, I call it simplicity! But I did in fact visit Trader Joe's last night. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But it still overwhelmed me and then as I lugged 5 heavy bags of food up 2 flights of stairs I realized another reason I hate the store....BRINGING IT HOME!!!!! I miss having a garage the opened directly into the kitchen. Once again, simplicity.
I also had an overwhelming urge for Wendy's last night. When's the last time I ate Wendy's? I don't know! My roommate and I ate fast food in a car. I don't remember when I did that last. It made me feel like a collegiate all over again. You know what fast food chains I miss that Chicago does not offer? SONIC AND CHIC FIL'A. Seriously, what's wrong with this city? A Cherry Limeaide would be perfect for the summer heat!
Bad move #1 yesterday: Wearing white work pants that can only be dry cleaned when it's raining outside. I get annoyed at the spots that the shoes kick up on the back of the pants.
Bad move #2: Trying to drive to Target while Cubs game traffic was entering the city. Cubs fans are terrible drivers; especially in the rain.
Bad move #3: Eating Ben and Jerry's at 9pm last night. Why do I do that to myself?
Bad move #4: Turning off my alarm this morning instead of exercising. That's not simplicity, that's laziness.
Good times. All in all, life is swell.

No comments: