Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Home Alone


There's something I realized about myself last night. Or maybe it would be more fair if I said, I re-recognized about myself. I feel so lazy and get antsy if I am sitting still for more than an hour. Last night I had to force myself to stay home. I could have gone to class but it was raining outside. It was the perfect setting to a night home alone cuddled under a blanket and watching a good movie. Well after an hour of that, I felt guilty and like I should be doing something. I ignored the call of the dishes in the sink and the soap scum building in the tub (not really). I literally had to force myself to sit there. I ignored the phone because that only leads to "you're doing nothing too? Well, let's hang out." And before I know it it's midnight and I'm just brushing my teeth before bed.
So now that I'm rejuvenated from a night in, I need a nap from a carbo-loaded lunch. I think nap time should be mandatory. I just need a quick 10 minute nap. That's all it would take.
Today is the most gorgeous day Chicago has seen in a couple of months. The torrential rains last night brought blue skies, low humidity and cheery spirits. I wish I could go read a book in the park today. I would even go running...I've been bad the past couple of weeks. Days like this make me love this city.
My little brother is coming into town tomorrow. This is the first time that he has come up here since before I moved to Chicago. I think we will have a great time. There are plenty of things to entertain a 14 year old (who looks older than me because he's 6'1"). I'm sure he'll want to leave home and come live with me because we'll have such a great time! He says he has a present for me. I love surpises.
I love GOOD surprises...let me clarify that one.

No comments: