Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy 40th Mom and Dad!

My parents celebrated their 40th Wedding Anniversary last month. In honor of their love for each other and for their family, us kiddos wrote a book about their lives and their love story. Fifty page later, we finally gave it to them. It was the greatest gift to us kids to be able to write this story for them. I laughed and cried while writing their story. To watch them read it together was an immense blessing.

While writing and looking at pictures, I realized how much my mom and I look alike. I knew it before, but now, there's no doubt I'm her kid! (that and the fact she gave birth to me)



Here's a picture of Mom and Dad the night of their engagement and one of me and Dad dancing at Jeff & Alyse's Wedding this April in Austin.

Thank you to everyone who helped put this book together...and for keeping it a secret! I highly recommend doing something like this as a gift. It's a fun labor of love!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's incredible, isn't it? You got lots of my genes for the way you look. (and how cute you are! :-)
But your Dad's "determination" genes show up in you also. And that's a good thing.
Now, about that diet, lipo, tummy tuck, face lift and b--b lift I've been thinking about...maybe I can look like you once again.
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

For those of you that read comments...
The book our children made for us was the greatest gift we have EVER been given. Bill and I keep it close by, read through it often, talk about the photos, laugh about events, and generally have a fabulous time recalling our adventures together.
DO THIS for your parents, if possible. We are greatly blessed by this gift.
Katy's Mom

Heidi said...

Congratulations! That is such a great gift, too! I would love to see it sometime.

Anonymous said...

The resemblance to your mom truly is uncanny! (although she's your mom so I guess it's not unheard of, but still, you resemble her even more than most people resemble their parents).

~Lisa