Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Oh, One of "Those" Places

My manicure on Saturday ended with my bra uhooked and me running for the bus.

I love where I get my nails done. The polish always lasts for atleast a week and they give you a brief back massage! I enjoyed the massage and my nails looked fabulous. I moved to the dryer to make sure the polish was glued to the nails before I went off into the cold. I suddenly felt like my boobs had shrunk in the last hour because they were swimming in my bra. Entertaining momentary thoughts of a sudden miraculous weightloss, I realized that no, my bra must be unhooked. Apparently my massage was a little vigorous and my nail technician accidentally popped it. I haven't had my bra popped since junior high.

My nails were wet and there's no way I could have hooked it myself. So I threw on my coat and hoped for the best. When I rounded the corner I saw my bus coming. If there's a bus, you run for it. It's no fun waiting in the cold. So there I was running for the bus, holding down the little ladies and feeling exposed even beneath a down puffy coat. I swear my boobs hurt the next day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Only you, Katy...well, possibly Becky.

Beck said...

at least it wasn't a pedi - b/c then you would've had on the plastic baggies in your shoes & that would have compounded your running issues.

ps: i think your nail technician might have copped a feel...i'm just sayin'.

pps: i love that i can say from experience that you do have one of the best nail places; pervy massages and all.