Monday, July 13, 2009

Summertime in the City

I really am having such an amazing summer. I stopped taking classes, vowed to not partake in a play, and have sort of reacquainted myself...with myself.

Sunrise bike rides with Alyson, movies in the park with Jess & Jay, Ravinia with Cristin, laying out by the lake with Harry Potter, talking on a porch swing with a glass of Chardonnay in hand with Melissa, walk in the park with Kelly, So You Think You Can Dance with Janell and Carmen, mountain climbing in L.A. with Kathie, swimming with my nephews, cocktails at lunch with Beckles, High Tea with Mum, walks with Dad, dancing at Jessie's wedding with Erin, Bobtail ice cream, small group on Monday nights on Alyson's roof top, full moon reflection on the lake, pilates in Millennium Park with Jessie, etc., etc. I really could go on and on. I am so blessed for these gifts this summer. I'm looking ahead to the Family Reunion in Missouri this next week. I can't wait!

I haven't felt this way about summer since I graduated from high school. Feels good.

No comments: