Friday, February 11, 2005

Be My Valentine

Monday is Valentines Day. Once again, let's chalk up another year of me being single on Valentines Day. Each year I wonder, "maybe this will be the year! Maybe a year from now I will receive a valentine from someone other than my family." But each year I end up wondering the same thing.
I should really think of it in positive terms such as: I don't have to spend money on a present my valentine may or may not like. I don't have to have that awkward "what do we get eachother since we've been dating only 3 weeks?" conversation with myself. I take a moment to give thanks for all the wonderful friends I have in my life. My parents take pity upon me and send me wonderful Valentine gifts. I don't have to wonder if my boyfriend of 14 months will finally propose on valentines day. There are no expectations...therefore I have freedom. Ha! I am so lucky! I am free....to do what I want...whatever that is.
I do have to say that my mom gave me an incredible gift. At this point, if I had to choose between a mediocre boyfriend or the Spa Package my mom gave me, I'd choose the Spa Package. Hello! Me and the Red Door Spa have a date! And it could get intimate. I do believe I saw a Body Butter selection in the package.
So in honor of me being single once again on this holiday (I'm not bitter, just aware), I decided to sign up for eharmony.com. Now I didn't pay anything b/c I don't think I could do it. BUT, I did have fun filling out 200 questions about myself. I'm weird like that. I like learning more about myself...how wonderful I am...the usual. I've received some interesting "matches." I have yet to receive one that lives in my same city. It's kind of sad. I have no match here in this city. NO WONDER I'M SINGLE!!! I guess I'll have to move. Must of my matches live in California. What does that say about me? I'm weird. Gotta love the quirkiness.
Let's see about my matches:
Warren - lives in Cali, love sports, Jesus and sounds a bit competitive. Has promise.
Brian - lives in Pennsylvania, likes to socialize and laugh, has a good time. I enjoy those things too.
Jose - lives somewhere in Wisconsin, admires Mother Theresa, very close with his family. again, could be a match.
Cheong - Lives in Cali, sounds smart, loves Jesus, a little more serious than me.
Roger - can't remember much about him.
Anyways, hoping for a few more pick's. But I'm sure these are lovely gentlemen. I have to admit that I signed up for this but when I read about other people who do I think, "oh, they must be lonely and can't meet anyone." That is such a double standard! Maybe they are normal people like me (if you call me normal). They are just willing to take risks and don't struggle with their pride like I do. So I merely am humbling myself and allowing God to work in ways I swore I would never allow myself to take part in. He's funny like that. And I'm proud like that.
Oh wait, another match...please God, please!

No comments: