Friday, February 04, 2005

Update on Me

My mom called me while I was at a friends house over Christmas to tell me that my headshots had finally arrived! With great anticipation I flew home to open up the Fed/Ex package. I dropped the contents on the kitchen island and began to scan over the pictures. Let's just say, blech! Not a one was pleasing to my eye. Maybe it's because I was looking at the whole picture instead of all the individual shots that may hold some potential in them. Deep down I knew they sucked. You know when your mom and dad look at the pictures and say they look nothing like you (and in a bad way) that they aren't any good. Even my yearbook pictures from the awkward teen years looked better than these! Am I to believe that I was more photogenic as an early teen with braces and bangs than I am now? I mean, when did my nose get so big? And yes, the makeup looked caked on. It just wasn't me! I think I would have had better luck taking pictures of myself with a wind up camera. Somehow I'll have to make them work for now.
It's 50 degrees today! 50 degrees...in Chicago...in February! The Lord has blessed me and made His face shine upon me!
It's definitely a big change from the blizzard that we had here a couple of weeks ago. It just happened to be the weekend that my parents and older brother came to visit from Dallas. It was hilarious. We went to see 'Jesus Christ Superstar' (great musical...a little off on it's theology). As we walked out of the building it was like being on top of a mountain during a white out blizzard. In our heels and lack of hat or scarves, we hoofed it back to our hotel. We were laughing so hard because we had no choice. The wind was whipping the snow across our faces leaving sting marks and trains of mascara. We found refuge along with the homeless in these small doorways along Randolph and Michigan Avenue. We would stop for only a moment to psych ourselves up to head back out into the cold. I have to say that we did it with great humor. We took a picture of Patrick's hair and he looked like Richard Gere. I am pretty impressed with the heels I wore. I jogged one mile in those suckers...in the snow. Impressive.

No comments: