Friday, May 13, 2005

Unsolicited Compliments

Let's hear it for unsolicited compliments!! Hooray!
Today at lunch I decided to go and buy some bedding that I've had my eye on (a whole 24 hours). I've been looking for bedding for over a year now and just couldn't seem to find something that really hooked me. I have been concerned about myself ever making a decision about who to marry because apparently I can't even decide on what to put on my bed. Well, things are looking brighter because I made a decision! Hooray!....on the bedding that is, not the husband. I haven't been taking applications recently. So I buy this bedding in the basement of Bloomingdales Home Store (love that place!). As I am about to walk out the doors I notice it looks really dark outside and wonder, "when did they get tinted windows?" You see, it was warm and just slightly overcast when I went to the store, but as I left, the darkness had taken over the earth and paid it's revenge by pelting down rain! Drama! So with these two huge bloomingdale bags in my hand I decide that I have to run for it. No umbrella, no coat, no common sense. I was soaked but thankfully my new bedding stayed dry in it's plastic wrap.
Here's where the highlight of the day enters the picture. As I am crossing the street with my bags, a man runs past me and yells, "WOO HOO! WHAT A BOOTIE!" I look around to see who he's so boistrously commenting upon. Then I notice I'm the only one around. So with a raised eyebrow and my head cocked to the side, I give an approving nod. You know it! The Lord broke the mold on this one when He created it! Don't think I don't think He thought it was special! (three snaps in Z formation).
I ended up reaching the office soaked with both of my booties: the one I purchased and the one that God gave me. Now I have the song, "Do you like pina coladas, and gettin' caught in the rain" stuck in my head. At least it's Friday!!! Hooray!
Moral of the story: God made us all unique and beautiful. We need to take what we have and make the best of it. Appreciate it....and of course WORK IT!

No comments: