Thursday, May 19, 2005

Champagne Dressing Room


I made my second trip to Bloomingdales ever...and was it EVER successful! Or damaging to the pocket book...well let's just say both.
My cousin, precious cousin Lindsay, is getting married Memorial Day Weekend. Thanks to my sudden weightloss, my dresses don't really fit me right now. So I HAD to go shopping for a new one. Bummer!
Sweet Maria came with me to 900 N. Michigan for a little shopping extravaganza. We went to one store that ended up having an event. They offered us a mini bottle of Champagne. We couldn't turn that down! Maria couldn't get it open so she put it in her bag. When we were in Bloomingdales, she noticed that it was leaking.
So after trying on about 20 gorgeous and way too expensive dresses, we decided to try to open it again. I of course got it open!!! There we sat in this huge dressing room surrounded by shrouds of material sipping out of this mini champagne bottle. I felt like a high schooler sneaking alcohol...at least what I assume one would feel like. I was a good girl and was never tempted back at that age. After not having eaten in hours, the champagne bubbles made me a little tipsy. But we were such REBELS!!!!! Or maybe we were just dorks. Either way it was fun and made us laugh.
I walked away with a gorgeous dress that hugs the curves. Hopefully it's not too much for a wedding. I tried on some other fun dresses that ended up being "askanky." That's my new term for dresses that bare it all! Wouldn't that be interesting....me in a skanky dress reading I Corinthians 13. Mercy! Thankfully God loves me for who I am!

No comments: