Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Diet

So what has girls all over Chicago wanting to make out with me? It's simple...my stomach virus. Everyone is hoping to catch a tidbit of this virus that has taken away my appetite and left me 12 pounds thinner. I think the weight loss is obvious considering my pants were about to fall off of me yesterday. Now, I do feel crappy and am very concerned that I have absolutely no desire to eat (because it's NEVER happened to me before) but I am elated that I'm half way to my goal weight. Thank you Lord?!
I finally went to the doctor yesterday to make sure I didn't all of a sudden come down with Type 1 Diabetes. Working for an organization that faces this disease everyday will sometimes make you paranoid that if you're really thirsty or have to go to the bathroom a lot one day that you have it. I'm pretty sure I don't but the doctors took my blood anyway.
So now I'll just have to force myself to eat "bland" food. What is "bland" food? Food I don't normally want to eat anyway! I'll figure something out. My aunt just called to tell me not to eat too much fiber for fear that the Green Monster will come back (is that too much information?). Good to know Auntie. I'll limit my intake of oatmeal.
Please don't make out with me. I'm not accepting any proposals at this time.
Thank you.

No comments: