Friday, June 10, 2005

Now I See

This morning brought revelation and understanding in my life. I have been quite exhausted this week. I thought this was all due to helping take care of my roommate who had emergency surgery on Saturday. I thought this exhaustion led to a severe need to cry (plus I haven't cried in months) and irritability. Tuesday I forced myself to cry. I laid on my bed and put on the two saddest songs I could find and just cried for 10 minutes. I felt so much better. I just didn't want to be around people and found myself thinking such negative thoughts. Most unlike me! Then my appetite came back with a vengeance and it was unstoppable.
So this morning as I woke up and did my usual visit to the bathroom, I suddenly discovered that I was not crazy but instead just PMS-ing. You have no idea what a relief it is to discover that fact. I overheard a friend saying Monday night that there is actually a hormone in our body that makes us forget about our menstrual symptoms. Now isn't that a unique but helpful insight?

No comments: