Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Appetite

OH LORD HELP ME!!!!! Not only is my appetite back in full swing, but it's turned into a monster. I want to eat everything in site. And even if it's not in site, I want it. From where did these cravings appear? Seriously, I thought the Lord had answered my prayers and finally turned away my obsession with food. It looks like the obsession has only grown stronger with its absense. I need another miracle!
To make matters worse, our organization won a big award this past weekend so people keep showering our office with flowers and.....chocolate of all things! We work for a diabetes research organization. We don't need chocolate here. We need fruit. Where are the fruit baskets? I need help to save me from myself! Doesn't one kind soul understand that an office of women needs something other than an entire huge basket piled with chocolate delicacies. Chocolate heaven. Mount chocula? Or wait, maybe the person knows women all too well. But I need someone to tie me to my chair so I don't run in the kitchen one more time to take a nibble of that chocolate goodness. Decadence people. That's what it is and I can't resist.
Our office looks like a florist shop. It's beginning to smell like a hamster cage though. Have you ever noticed that? Too many flowers thrown together in an air tight place and things begin to stink. It reminds me of rush my first semester of college. After bid day, the dorm smelled of hamster cage. Perhaps it smelled a bit of urine too. And it was from the gorgeous flowers! Perhaps the smell of the flowers will make me so nauseated that I won't want the chocolate anymore. Please Lord?!!!!!

No comments: