Saturday, September 17, 2005

Big "A"

How is my day going? Funny you should ask. Let me just start by saying that my pants ripped. Ugh! Why does this always happen to me?!!!! I am wearing my cute new work pants that happen to fit me unlike the baggy ones I've been sporting since my Green Monster days. These are cute new ones from Anthropologie. They have a button flap front. Very nautical....or page boy...whichever you prefer. They look fabulous and you're feeling WAY cute. And then you sit down on the el and the pockets poke out to reveal that the pants are slightly pulling around the glutes area. Then you're feeling only semi-cute. You're walking around the office making copies, faxing things and finishing up an important mailing...only then do you realize after half of Chicago has seen you...your pants ripped....AGAIN! Seriously! It's just slightly at the hip. I'm only revealing an inkling of skin. Yet it's so unattractive. It says, "yes I did have ice cream 3 nights in a row this weekend!"
So at lunch (yes I continued to eat even after this incident), two co-workers and I walked through Nordstrom and one of them (who is tall) points out that it's unfair for there to be a petite section and not one for tall girls (oh, I'm so sorry you're so tall and skinny!). So I said, "It's unfair for there to be sections for long and lean women and not one for women with a BIG "A"!!!!!!

No comments: