Monday, August 18, 2008

Change Everything

Last night in rehearsal I was told, "I like where you're going with the mother hen thing. The neck is definitely much better. I'm not seeing as much of the sororiety neck. Do you do yoga? I need you to tuck your pelvis under so your chest and backside aren't sticking out so much. But still elongate the neck. I also want you to walk with more grounded, heavier steps, yet still glide around."

I have got my work cut out for me. I have a big butt. It's been well documented. You can't try and contain it. So I'll work on walking heavily while gliding. And let it also be documented the my chest sticks out too far! Yes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

While you are at it, don't be an "eager beaver" but remember, "the early bird gets the worm." Let them "eat their heart out" while you eat "humble pie or crow". And, you can "eat your cake and keep it too", just buy two cakes. Remember to use a lot of "elbow grease" while keeping your "elbow room". Also, when you "reach the end of your rope", "every dog has his day".

If you need anymore advice, just come on back, we are all cliches' in here. ;-)

P2

Anonymous said...

Huh? When you figure out how to do what's been asked of you, be sure to let me know. Can't wait to see my girl on stage, walking in a grounded yet gliding manner. Sorority neck? Mother hen? If anyone can do it, YOU can.
Love,
Mom

Lindsay said...

How do you glide on stage? Maybe try getting a segway, that'll do it.

Anonymous said...

I think if someone told me all that, I'd simply forget how to walk entirely. Congrats to you for soldiering on!

~Lisa