Monday, August 11, 2008

New Playlist

Last night I pulled together a new playlist. It was about time. It has some new tunes and oldie but goodies. Here it is!

1. The Garden by Mirah - yes, this was on SYTYCD. Loved the song and loved the dance. I adore the show - Go Joshua! yay!
2. Rehab by Amy Winehouse - She's messed up. I get it. But love her music.
3. Chasing Pavement by ADELE - Thanks Patrick!
4. I Wanna Be Sedated by The Ramones - in honor of Beckles labor.
5. Trouble by Ray LaMontagne - going to see him October 1st at the Chicago Theater!
6. Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own by U2 - makes me cry.
7. Hush by Waterdeep - also makes me cry.
8. Mercy by Duffy - a SYTYCD favorite. It also happens to be a favorite of my dad's. He dances like a mad-man to it. Gotta love any song that does that!
9. Mama He's Crazy by The Judds - I'm always in the mood for The Judds.
10. Sexy Mistake by The Chalets - I could run to this song...if I wanted to run.
11. Closer to You by Brandi Carlile - soulful like Ray LaMontagne.
12. All I Want is You by Barry Louis...something or other - Juno soundtrack
13. You Know I'm Not So Good by Amy Winehouse - please see above.
14. In Lonesome Dove by Garth Brooks - makes me nostalgic for the good ol' days.
15. Romeo and Juliet by Indigo Girls - reminds me of me and Beckles singing at the top of our lungs in my car with the windows down.
16. Mona Lisa by Indigo Girls - ditto
17. I Don't Ever Give Up by Patty Griffin - good song if you're an actress.
18. Diamonds On the Souls of Her Shoes by Paul Simon - good, solid, awesome song.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? No Rick Astley?

Numbers 8 and 9 are the only ones I really can say I like. In fact, I just recently got the Duffy CD and I like her sound. (i'll wait for your Dad's dancing video on utube) The Judds haven't recorded any thing in this Millennium have they?

Andrea Bocelli and Carrie Underwood are on my playlist right now along with Michael Buble', some Beyonce and Faith Hill with Tim Mcgraw.

I might have to check out a few more on your list.

Nice post. ;-)

P2

Beck said...

ugh. Ditto, ditto. And yet I realize how out of touch I've gotten when I don't recognize a few. Did I tell you that we left all our laboring tunes at home? And I never even grabbed my iPod? Oh well. Now I need to enjoy your playlist on a nice, brisk walk!