Sunday, August 10, 2008

Kathryn Davy Page




Kathryn Davy Page was born at 9:59 a.m. on Saturday morning, August 9. She is beautiful! Becky and Davy are doing wonderfully and looking forward to going home from the hospital.

I had two hours of sleep Friday night and woke up at 7:30 a.m. to my phone ringing. After wondering, "who the heck is calling me!" I suddenly thought, "It's got to be Becky!" Sure enough it was Russ letting me know that Becky was in labor and they should be holding their little girl in a couple of hours. The next time he called his first words were, "She's beautiful! She's so beautiful." You could tell he was still in awe and wonder of his little girl. Becky sounded so happy, so good, and so incredibly exhausted. She was a champ and refused drugs until she got an epideral.

Davy is named after Sheldon Vanauken's wife in Russ and Becky's favorite book, A Severe Mercy. They fell in love with each other while reading this book. I love it! As for Kathryn...it made me cry! This girl is already so precious to me and I haven't even met her yet.

Here are a couple of pictures. Becky, I hate you for looking so beautiful after just giving birth! I'm sure there will be more pictures soon. Congratulations Becky and Russ! And welcome to the world Davy Page!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber wishes to point out the fact that she knew it was going to be a girl.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Becky and Russ. Little Davy is so beautiful, and You both look like pro parents already! Our prayers and love are with you :)
Erin & Chris

Stephen, Whitney, Olivia Jane, Marshall Wood, and Stephen Bauer said...

Ohhh I love seeing her...she's precious! Miss and adore you katesteroonie!