Monday, May 18, 2009

Childbirth Face

Saturday I had an audition downtown for a short film. I arrived just as two other girls my age checked-in. We received a piece of paper telling us more about the film and the audition. After the "perform a two-minute monologue" came this phrase: "You will be asked to show your child birth face." Ummmm....WHAT? We chatted through nervous laughter about this new development. I mean, I knew the character gave birth and all, but... Seconds later we hear screaming from the audition room. Oh no, he's serious about this one.

"NEXT!" I go walking into the audition room and give my monologue. Then the director says, "Okay, now I need you to pretend like you're giving birth." I seriously hope this isn't some crazy fetish that this man concocted so he could get his thrills watching recorded videos of fake deliveries. I just know that someday, at a very inconvenient time, this video will pop up. I better never marry someone who wants to be President.

How did it go? Well, never having given birth before, I guess it went fine. I gave it my all. It's all about commitment. Go hard or go home. I walked out of the room and said, "It's a boy!"

I feel weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mozaltoff! :-) What are you going to name him?

P2

Mom said...

Oh, Katy. How in the world do you DO it? You never cease to amaze me. In a good way.
Love!
Mom