Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Getting Stronger!

I have a new trainer and we met for the first time yesterday morning. So far the results are that I'm limping around, groaning everytime I stand up, and I can't decide if my boobs hurt because of PMS or because of the "Superman" sets.

He gave me my story of the day yesterday. I'm doing the Arnold shoulder presses while lunging down the center of the gym when he squats down to my eye-level, gets uncomfortably close to my face and says, "Are you a sheep or a wolf?"

"Ummm....what?"

"Are you a sheep or a WOLF?!"

"Oh, you're serious. Uh...umm. I guess it depends on the day?"

"In order to protect the sheep, you have to kill the wolf. In order to kill the wolf, YOU HAVE TO BE THE WOLF!"

Yes, a huge 260 pound, 6-foot 4-inch, college football-playing man with biceps the size of my head is my new trainer. I'm scared.

2 comments:

Macon said...

I'm not prone to argue with 6'4" 260lb men, but really, you want to be the Sheepdog, not the Wolf. That's the animal that kills Wolves and protects the Sheep. :-) See here.

Mom said...

A sheepdog is a good idea...but even better is being a woman. Especially Katywoman. Any guy would jump in to protect you from a big bad wolf! (we secretly know you can protect yourself ;-)