Sunday, October 18, 2009

High Maintenance

Today I realized that my car is old. It has its quirks. I never gave them much of a thought until I had to valet it today for a work event. Hopping out of my car I handed the keys to the valet and gave him a list of tricks to make sure my car didn't lock down and revolt.

1. The remote to unlock the doors doesn't work all the time. If you click it you may trip the alarm which means the car won't start. So don't use it. Ignore it.

2. If the alarm sets itself, you'll have to use the remote but it may take a little while for it to work.

3. To unlock the door you have to use the silver key in the passenger-side door. It won't work in the driver-side door.

4. The silver key won't work to turn on the car. You have to use the black key to make the car start.

I love my car and will miss it dearly when its time to let go. I still think it has a few good miles left, but I won't mind having a few of the bells and whistles a newer car has to offer - like seat warmers! They sound so good this time of year.

2 comments:

Beck said...

I still love your car. I remember when it was the car that all of us would choose to ride in, especially for K-Life stuff. It was the bomb. It just goes to show that 4 Runners last forever.

You do deserve some bells n whistles, someday.

ps: my 4 Runner has seat warmers...why don't you come down here and try them out for a year or so?

Leisa said...

It’s been 3 years, do you have a new car now? :) Anyway, that’s why it pays to have regular car maintenance. In that way, you’d know soon if there is a possible problem in your car, and you can avoid future damage. Make it a habit to check your car’s brakes, oil and engine for safety and maintenance. :)

Leisa Dreps