Monday, May 03, 2004

10 Random Thoughts

Some random thoughts for the day:
1) My recent word of addiction has been "HYSTERICAL." I use it way too often and find myself saying it in almost any situation. For instance, "Katy, my dog just died." I respond, "that's hysterical!" Or I say it when someone says something funny but not funny enough to induce a laugh. So it's a deadpan "that's hysterical." Or how about when I'm just so tired and don't know how to respond. For example, "Katy, Merve just called and said he didn't get an email." I respond, "That's hysterical." I really must get a new word.

2)I just took a quiz on "which Friend are you?" I'm Phoebe. Hey, I like her. She's "hysterical."

3)I work in an office of 16 woman and some genius decided that we needed only 1 bathroom. For some reason my timing has been off lately. Everytime I get up and turn the corner, the door to the bathroom closes. There's a nice one down the hall, but let's face it, I'm lazy.

4)I had an "hysterical" thought last night. I was in a cab on the way home from my aunt's house (thanks to the many tickets provoking me to park my car in her garage. It's in hiding) and had the thought, "I need to run another marathon." Now what would incite me to think that? Maybe the fact that a diet of chocolate and carbs isn't doing it for me. Running is my only hope. At least I can do a half.

5)Why do I set my alarm for 6:15 a.m. knowing that each morning I'll change it to 7 a.m. when the alarm goes off? Do I feel more athletic or in shape just because I "think" about exercising? It's the thought that counts, right?

6)I've lost all discipline. I used to be the queen of discipline. People hated me because I was so disciplined. I don't even floss daily anymore. Maybe I should start there...with the little things.

7)I just looked through People's 50 Most Beautiful People and was disappointed not to find myself in the issue. And to make things worse, my star crush, Aaron Eckhardt wasn't in there. What has this world come to????????

8)I'm having a good hair day. It's the first in months. Note to self, the hair growing out process is not a smooth and easy transition unless you're a celebrity with a personal stylist.

9)I hate when you take a pice of gum out of it's package and the white wraps come out with the silver lining. Now all my gum will fall out into my purse and it will be squished.

10)I just read that Drew Barrymore is staring in the Movie version of "The Confederacy of Dunces." I wanted to be in that movie! Also, she lost 30 lbs. running. Why can't I be disicplined like her?

No comments: