Wednesday, May 12, 2004

It's Gettin' Hot in Here!

It's getting hot in here and yes I wish I could take off all my clothes. Not that the office would much appreciate that one...or EVER want to see me again.
What is it with this city?! As my dad said, "In Chicago, if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes."
Okay, I don't need to bash the city. Who cares if I am sitting in a puddle of sweat today and that tomorrow it may be snowing! I mean, it's more the fact that the air conditioning in this office is broken and I can hardly concentrate because I began to panic when I feel a bead of sweat forming on my brow. I love it too when you have dark lines on your shirt because your pudgy tummy catches your shirt in it's rolls and it stains it with sweat.
For all of you who were sweet enough to read my Europe emails, this may sound familiar. I laid in bed the other night paralyzed because any movement could cause me to break out in severe persperation. Finally my roommate agreed to turn the air conditioning on so that I could sleep and wouldn't be grouchy. I just can't sleep when it's hot. And when it's hot, that just seems to be all I can talk about. Just ask Trey, he'll tell you.
I often wonder if I would rather be severely cold or severely hot. The jury's in and I'd just rather be perfectly comfortable thank you very much.
My avid readers and fans will be happy to know that I just returned from being waxed by a new person....drumroll please....she was great, quick and painless. I've finally found my new bikini waxer! (que the trumpets). Let's just hope she doesn't get married and move away and I have to start over from square one again.
ARGH! I'm finally squeaky clean in the unmentionables area but I am a little frightened by the fact that I have to squeeze myself into a bikini that may or may not fit me. I know where the bikini is, I see it and it taunts me. I can barely bring myself to try it on. I might as well get it over with. I'm secretly hoping that I'll be so turned off by myself that I'll throw away all the movie candy that sweet Maria brought over last night for girls movie night and I will never be tempted by "bad" food again. Or maybe I'm secretly hoping that I look great in my bikini. I mean, all I really need is a good tan right? Tan fat is prettier than pale fat. That's my motto!

No comments: