Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Radio




I, Katy Orender, was interviewed this past Sunday by WGN Radio host, Dean Richards. They wanted to interview someone who coordinated the Walk. They had a remote trailer at our Walk site. It was fun and exciting! Of course I was nervous. I often get the "jeopardy" syndrome which basically means that I know the answer to everything until someone asks me and I have to answer under pressure.


When asked about our mission I said, "Well, our mission is simple. It's um, um...(so simple I'm forgetting) um..." Thankfully I was quick to come up with, "um, to find a cure for diabetes and its complications through the support of research." I think I also used the words "cure" and "research" a bazillion times. But quickly I warmed up and bantered about the Cubs, spandex and donating on our website. Whew!


Enjoy some pics!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atta girl! It doesn't matter what you said because you look so doggone CUTE!
Love,
Mom
PS Glad this is over for you this year, and so glad you enjoyed the event w/out feeling burdened by lots of stress!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on an successful and worthwhile event--and I agree that the top picture of you is great!

~Lisa

Unknown said...

Ditto the above. YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!! :) Glad the walk is over and you can play more. Miss You! Love, Rachel H.