Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Struttin' It

Monday morning I was looking really cute. I was. I'm not going to deny it. Black pants, yellow, long, flowy sweater snugged tightly to my waist with an over-sized blue belt, and heels. I was working it. I was feeling it.

I had an appointment during lunch. As I was on the elevator after my appointment, a threesome of very handsome, young lawyers, decked out in expensive suits, boarded the elevator a few floors down. I smiled and they smiled back. One of them kept checking me out. Seriously, he gave me the up and down. I so knew he thought I was cute. Even as we were headed out the revolving glass door he turned around to look at me again. I have it, what can I say.

Chin held high I entered a cab. The perfect fall wind was blowing my hair blissfully. A few minutes later I was back at my work destination. Scooting across the back seat to pay the cab driver and exit, I looked down and noticed something. My zipper was down. Oh, okay, humility in check. Got it. Staring at my zipper, not me. Dang it!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

This made me laugh out loud - thanks for that! Ha! PS You're still cute even if you occasionally leave your zipper down. :)