Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Home Sweet Home


I will be walking through my parents home door in almost 31 hours!!!!! I have kept a countdown each hour for that moment for about 3 days now. Can you tell how excited I am to go home? It's been 5.5 months since I've seen the Texas terrain. Sadly my accent is gone and no one notices anything different about me except my over-usage of the word, "y'all." Notice I put in that .5 because I am somehow amazed by the fact that I've been away from home that long and yes, those two weeks do make a difference. Would I dare leave out the fact that I ran 5.5 miles instead of just 5? Heck no! I like to show my accomplishments or brag about my woes.
Things I want to do while I'm home:
1) Hug my family.
2) Throw the ball for the dogs.
3) Get a sunburn.
4) Lay by the pool and read a book while my sweat drops onto the pages and stains them.
5) Have a cookout (which is happening).
6) Shop in a mall.
7) Finish reading "Wicked"
8) See my sister's pregnant belly and new house.
9) See my future sister-in-law's bling bling on her left ring finger.
10) Laugh myself to tears with my best friend.
11) Get a pedicure/manicure.
12) See a movie in a cold theater after sweating from the car to the theater's door.
13) Run into a friend I haven't seen in FOREVER!
14) Learn to play the piano.
15) Go Skydiving.
16) Cure Cancer.
17) Meet Bono.
18) Get my haircut.
19) Take a nap while it's raining outside.
20) Be satisfied with my trip!

No comments: