Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Mayor Daley

Today on the way to a work event, we passed Mayor Daley on 290 driving to see the President sign the transportation bill. I must say that I was pretty excited. I knew something was up when we passed a navy blue Ford car and the driver had one of those clear spiral earpieces in his ear. The next car up we see Mayor Daley slouched in the back seat having a deep conversation with one of his advisors (or who I assume to be an advisor).
So you know what I did? I totally pulled a Footloose. I rolled down the window (I was in the front passenger seat) and began waving my arms at Mayor Daley. Then he rolled down his window. The next thing I knew I had my right leg out the window and aimed it towards his car window. Traffic was moving at a slow but steady pace. At one point I had a leg in each window and was doing the splits while in my Britney Spears (baby baby) school girl outfit. My friend yelled out, "Ariel, don't!" and pulled me into the car just before a semi-truck hit me. Mayor Daley waved goodbye with a disappointed look on his face. You could tell he wanted me to jump into his car to talk about politics. I'm sure he couldn't wait to hear my opinions and advice about recycling, street cleaning and those damn parking tickets that haunt me.

No comments: