Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Olympic Encounter

Today was a great day. You may be asking, "Katy, why was it such a great day?" Well I'll tell you. Today I had the honor of picking up Gary Hall, Jr. at the airport. I was his chauffer for the day. Who is Gary Hall? Ummm, hello! Only the second most decorated Olympian of all time! He's the fastest man in the world! In the pool, that is.

He spoke to a school about having type 1 diabetes and how he was told he'd never be able to compete again. That was six years ago and he's won billions of gold medals since. Proved them wrong!

He was quiet and shy until he was in front of the kids. Too bad he's a hottie and also married with an eight month old baby. Will I ever catch a break?!!!

Here's a picture of him with me and my co-worker, Donna.
















He's a giant. And he sat in my car! I'll for sure be cheering him on to compete in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

crap! Katy, I was so excited when I saw the picture of you and the HOT guy. then I read that he's married with a baby!

Well, I have a guy in STL that I want to fix you up with...you just have to come visit. :)

love you
kelli

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! He is tall, and cute!!! But look how cute you look too!

Anonymous said...

really cool sweater, buns.