Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Big Burly Beard

...skinny celebrity.

I had another brush with celebrity today at lunch. This time it was with one of my greatest all time secret celebrity crushes. Becky and I used to watch Felicity religiously and I couldn't get over Ben's soft spoken "hey" and his insecure quiet ways. Those qualities are much more attractive to watch on film than to experience in real life.

Walking down Dearborn Street just south of Wacker I saw a burly bearded skinny man walking towards me and Erin. I didn't recognize the beard but I definitely recognized the eyes. It took me a few moments to place those eyes. Basically I got caught staring and probably had to shut my slackened jaw. He watched us too as we walked by. YES! Sweet victory! I didn't think Erin would recognize him but when I slowly turned my head to tell her who we had just passed I saw that she had the same face as me. Clear recognition.

That made my day. Here's to you Scott Speedman for making my post lunch hours go by quickly! May I run into you again someday soon. Like maybe the Cubs game tonight????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome sighting! You are so lucky to have seen Scott. I bet the beard did throw you off a bit. But he is still gorgeous- those eyes! I wonder what he is doing in Chicago.

Anonymous said...

You need to come up with one of those quizzes that ask, "Which Felicity character are you?":

You are Felicity: you enjoy drastic hair changes, have a hard time telling your father that you won't be choosing pre-Med and have a knack for using a handheld tape machine.
You are Noel: you are an overacheiving RA who often finds himself saving people from fires...both emotional and physical. You have a "hero" complex and people often take you for granted.
You are Meghan: you enjoy witchcraft and chubby boyfriends.
You are Julie: Eh. Never cared for her.
You are Elena: Girrrrl, you got it goin' on - you're academically competitive, you like having a boy roommate and your boyfriend is really funny on Scrubs.
You are Sean: Though you might be a masochist for choosing a witch for a girlfriend, you are an incredible salesman and have a knack for inviting the ex-girlfriends of roommmates to come live with you.
You are Richard: You're a jerk, and only exist so that you can blurt out people's painful secrets.
You are Javier: basically, the whole world would be crap without you.

I wanna be Javier!

Anonymous said...

I found this link in a rarely used favorites folder - sorry. When did you ever have time to watch TV? or did Miss Becky, for that matter.


Who/what/where is the D Miester?

Think Big D, think K-life, If its not Earl the Pearl, its...