Friday, September 08, 2006

The Removal of Moles and All Dignity

My doctor and the nurses were hilarious. I knew that they were trying to make me feel comfortable and were making sure I wasn't going to pass out as they stuck a needle in my body six times in three different places. After the slight burn of the numbing medicine I was feeling fine. I laid on my back and chatted away about improv, acting, Texas, etc. After the back of my knee and my upper back were finished I was told to flip over.

I made the mistake of telling them that we had to sing in our show. They kept pestering me to sing a song. ME! I had flashbacks of people saying, "Hey, do something funny." I wanted to say, "Excuse me but I don't feel much like singing a song considering you're working on my fully exposed boob and you happen to be stitching up a huge hole!" Maybe I would have worked with them a little more had they given me drugs to numb my mind and not just my body.

SOMETHING OF NOTE: I wore cute panties again to the doctor. This time they had more coverage. To hell with visible panty lines.

5 comments:

Kellsey said...

LOVE IT!!!

Katy, you make me laugh! Thanks for sharing these quite vulnerable moments in your life with such a touch of humor. It's fun that you can see how funny it all is. Also, I am SO GLAD that you mentioned your pretty panties again. No need to go uncivilized and unfeminine just because you're having moles cut out of your body.

Anonymous said...

Soooo what you're saying is somebody went to third base, huh? I'm sure your brothers thoroughly enjoy reading the phrase, "my fully exposed boob."

ps: VPL is totally acceptable when you are anticipating a dermatological strip tease.

Anonymous said...

Way to be brave KatyO! Nothing more fun that laying there half naked having someone looking closely at every mole on your body. speaking of which, I need to do the same thing. UGH! Gotta go buy some pretty panties.

Katy said...

Friendly Update: My moles are benign except for a spot of "pre-cancerous cells." I'm happy.

Kate said...

Please, PLEASE write a book! If David Sedaris makes people laugh out loud with his chapter about a turd (that word is so weird) then you will have them crying and falling off their beds (in a good way) without even mentioning anything regarding poop.