Monday, October 08, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Me

Today is my four year anniversary in Chicago. I still cannot believe I've been here this long. Sometimes it seems like minutes ago that my dad and I drove away with a uhaul attached to my car. Other days it feels like a lifetime ago. I've been blessed beyond my wildest dreams since I've been here.

This is a picture of me and my dear friend, Kathie, just a month or two after I moved. She let me sleep on her couch for four and a half months. Now that's a friend!

Four years. So much can happen in four years. High school lasts four years. College lasts four years (or five for some). I wonder what will happen in the next four years?

Four years ago the Cubs were so close to going to the world series. My friend, Chris Montgomery, and I wandered the streets next to Wrigley Field and saw the Cubs implode. Same thing happened this year. I need to find those pictures! I think they are on my other computer. I'll post them soon.


Tony Romo just threw an interception. DANGIT!

Update: Cowboys won in the last second! I was a complete wreck watching it. It took me a while to settle down afterwards. I think I'm still giddy.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Omg, your hair is so short! congrats on your anniversary!

JASClark said...

I really feel like the last 4 or 5 years have really 'aged' me in good and bad ways. Seems like a long time and a short time.

Kellsey said...

Jasclark!!! How fun to see you! K. Stokes here (formerly Sewell).

Anyways, katy-O, I had lunch with my dad on Monday and he filled me in play by play on the game. It sounds like it was so crazy! I am sad that I missed it.

Glad you got to enjoy it, though.

YEA for your anniversary! You've gotten to do some fun and wacky and wonderful things in these last few years. Thanks for blogging about lots of them so we could know about them. It's been so much fun to read your page!

Unknown said...

Kates! Can't belIEVE it's been four years already! And yet, you're such a Chicago girl ;)

The months with you on the couch were SO fun! 90291 Saturday mornings, running in the ice and snow in the early a.m., variations on asparagus. Such fun :)

I hope your next four years are even better, find you in NYC on SNL or in LA on a comedy series!

XO
Kath