Monday, June 26, 2006

Can You Say BOIL?

"Oh Piper, you're so cute! Isn't she just adorable? Angie, she totally has your big brown eyes. You should really think about having Piper model in catalogs and save up money for college."

Piper points to her chin. "That's right! Chin. It's your chin! Good!" Piper then points to my chin and places her pointer finger right on the enormous boil I have forming on my face. She looks at me with eyes that ask, "Wha happen?" "Can you say BOIL? It's a boil Piper. Say BOY-EE-ALL. On second thought, you're not as cute as I thought you were."

And there you have my wedding weekend in Minnesota! Actually, it was a wonderful weekend celebrating my cousin, Stacy, and her wedding to Taylor. Gor-jess! I loved that it took place in a beautiful old library. I snuck around and felt like I could have been in a Harry Potter movie. I also liked that she walked down the aisle to George Harrison's "Here Comes the Sun." Each table was given a name so you knew where you were sitting. I sat at the "Fitzgerald" table. I loved the idea because I enjoy reading the classics. I only have a few pages left of Charles Dickens' Great Expectations. Look how I brag! I know most of you read it in 8th grade but did you really appreciate it? I'm scared I'll turn into Miss Havisham.

We danced the night away and I'm pretty sure I had the best moves on the floor. I bet my moves would have been even more impressive had my corsette top dress not isolated my sugar bloatation and made my lower abs stick out. Such pain! How did women do it back in the day? No wonder they died so young.

I leave in a few days for Montana! I'm going fly fishing for three days with my brother, sister-in-law and dad. I LOVE it and can't wait to get out of the city! Last year I only saw one other woman fishing and that was on the last day. What does that say about me? It says that I'm a man's dream come true!...she says to herself. So miss me while I'm gone!

I'll post pictures from the wedding when I have a chance. You can see the boil in full effect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having the same trouble with my skin..I feel like I'm trying everything and then each new morning I wake up and they just keep coming.....ahh.I feel your frustration

Anonymous said...

Oh Buns. I hate that I laughed so hard picturing Piper. Makes me think of ET pointing his finger & saying, "Oooouuuuucccch."

Sidebar: Dickens, schmickens. You're not allowed to bring up Harry Potter until you read those damn books. Miss Havisham has NOTHIN on Professor Umbridge.

Sidebar#2: Please post a pic of you on last year's fishing trip. Let everyone see what a fly tying babe you are!

Anonymous said...

i for one did NOT notice any sort of boil on your chin...nor a bloated lower abdomen. i thought you looked gorgeous dahling, just gorgeous!! noone will ever convince me of anything different.