Thursday, June 29, 2006

I'm a Superstar!

Yesterday I competed in the JDRF Spin to Win at Daley Plaza. Teams of five riders rode the bike for eight minutes each. Eight minutes doesn't sound like a long time, BUT IT IS! It was a fun event and I got some extra cardio in.

Who would have thought that my first time on t.v. I would be struggling and sweaty?! Please click here to watch a clip from the NBC5 News. You can see me near the end smiling while my legs slowly make the rotations. I just want to say that I did work out that morning and I did spend the whole hour doing squats and lunges. Otherwise I would have looked like the Bally's rider at the end of the clip. You'll also notice that I'm not wearing spandex. Had I been wearing spandex like the Bally's guy I would have been super fast! Spandex makes everything better.

All in all, I learned that I need to start training on the bike for this triathalon.

No comments: