Monday, June 19, 2006

Cyst

I think I have cystic acne-itis. It hasn't been diagnosed by a doctor but it's been diagnosed by ME! Never heard of it? That's because I just made it up. After sharing with my friends my battle stories with teenage acne a revelation occured. Each one of my friends who has turned 30 admitted that their skin went psycho, out of control, payback for the blue eyeshadow we made it go through in 7th grade. This is such a comfort!

I think I would rather have a bullet wound to the knee cap than reverberating pain of trying to pop a zit that doesn't want to be popped.

Have you ever looked up the word cyst? Well I just did. This is what's all over my face:

Pathology. An abnormal membranous sac containing a gaseous, liquid, or semisolid substance.
Anatomy. A sac or vesicle in the body.
Biology. A small capsulelike sac that encloses certain organisms in their dormant or larval stage.
Botany. A thick-walled resting spore, as in certain algae or fungi.

So basically I have an enormous, membranous, larval, resting spore on my face. And it's mad hot, hot mad!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, don't torment us; Post pictures!

Katy said...

Why would I dare want to post pictures of this? That would torment me and everyone who reads this fine piece of literature.

CrazyJohn said...

You talk like a softball player