Friday, June 23, 2006

Seconds Time's a Charm?

Last summer I signed up for the Pleasant Prairie Triathalon and let my $98 registration fee go to waste because I was too busy and having too much fun to even think about exercising! But this summer is different! I'm not busy and I refuse to have any fun this summer. Those are my summer rules. Instead, I'm going to eat cardboard and exercise to the point of serious dehydration. I'm going to sweat my pores clean and enjoy picking the blisters off my toes. I'll polish the skin where my toenails used to rest and I'll love every second of it! This is the summer of discipline! Whooooooooooo's with meeeeeeeeeeeeee!? *awkard moment* Anyone? Bueller? Yes Melissa, I see you in the back. It looks like it's just me and my old roommate. FANTASTIC!

I can't wait to squish my thighs into a wetsuit and pray to God that I can make it the .75 kilometers of the swim. Five years ago I completed my first sprint triathalon one hour after eating a burrito*. Surely this triathalon will be a better experience.

*burrito story: I was in charge of the women's triathlete specialty at K-Klassic Kamp. Basically it meant that I was a cheerleader who happen to exercise with the kampers daily. At the end of each term we held a sprint triathalon for all the triathlete kampers. According to Dan, the man, I was going to be cheering instead of competing. It wasn't until the burrito was on its way to a rough digestion that I was informed that I would be competing in less than an hours time.

NOTE: Kanakuk Kamps spells everything with a "k." It's not just my poor spelling.

2 comments:

Macon said...

In the South, to be sensitive, we do our best not to re-spell words to begin with K. Especially not three words in a row.

The Ozarks must have different rules.

;-)

And, btw, if we were in the same town, I would totally swim/bike/run that tri with you!

Anonymous said...

you so krazy.