Thursday, October 05, 2006

Car Troubles

There's nothing like hearing your car has major engine problems to make you want to immediately call your dad to make sure you're not getting scammed. Case in point: My engine light came on and began blinking. That was followed by serious massage like shaking of the car. One inspection and an arm and a leg later my car is driving just dandy.

I just needed to call my dad to make sure that everything was going to be okay. There's a certain vulnerability and lack of independence with anything involving car trouble that makes me feel anxious, but one "it's going to be okay" from dad and I'm fine.

1 comment:

Kellsey said...

You go right ahead and call him...I was definitely taken for a ride once and it was completely because the mechanic sized me up as a young girl far away from home with absolutely no knowledge about cars, etc. It still makes me hot under the collar just remembering it.