Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bears vs. Saints

Since the "Return of the Victorious Cowboys" dream died a brutal death last week (Oh! (dramatic placement of back of hand to forehead) Tony Romo I don't envy you), I've had to look elsewhere for sports team affiliations.

I live in Chicago so it's only right that I cheer for the Bears. Our baseball was a disappointment this year and basketball & hockey are hardly on the radar. Chicago could use this win to remind ourselves that we are somebody! SIDE NOTE: Hooray for Jennifer Hudson who won a Golden Globe for her performance in Dreamgirls! She's a Chicago girl.

On the otherhand, Chicago plays the New Orleans Saints on Sunday. Who needs a win more than the Saints and the city of New Orleans? This is the cinderella team and wouldn't it warm all of our hearts to see this team go all the way? It's really better for all of humanity to see the Saints claim victory. But is "all of humanity" reason enough to cheer for them?

I'm not a betting woman. Well, okay, maybe just while I was in Cabo and I won $5 from Uncle Bill for picking the SEC Florida over...who was that team?....wait....oh yes, the OSU Buckeyes. It must have been all of the Pina Coladas. BUT, I am betting my neighbor, Robert, who moved up here from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina that the Bears will take it. I have $5 on that game. If he loses, he also owes us a dinner of some authentic jumbalaya.

I would really like to try some authentic jumbalaya. I guess I'm going with the Chicago win. Go Bears!

No comments: