Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Man Muffs

Take those off right now. I'm not kidding! Don't make me come over there and rip your ears off! Have you no sense?! I know it's freakin' cold outside! My face is awash with residual wind burn! When did this conversation turn to me? Stay focused! I'm just trying to help you here. I'm only telling you this for your own good. Please, do yourself...and me a favor, just wear a hat. A hat! You know, one of those nice fleece, wool, cashmere or angora hats. I actually find them sexy. Hats sexy. Man Muffs not.

Well, Man Muffs are a little better than these. I witnessed a pair of leather ones on the el yesterday. I'm still recovering.



UPDATE: Thank you Gina & Christine for locating this and this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the second time I've had to register my dissatisfaction with a blog post of yours.

The Lindsay's said...

Keeping warm in Chicago has little to do with fashion, Katy. It's look good or stay warm. You can't have it both ways. Don't ya know?

Katy said...

It's a fact that 90% of your body heat is lost through your head. So if you want to stay warm, wear a hat!

Kellsey said...

Hear, hear! Wear a hat! You can wear a hat and look VERY sexy. Man muffs just won't do it, and certainly those ear mitts are completely emasculating.

I can agree that sometimes it's look good or be warm, but where hats are concerned you can definitely do both.

Amen, katy, amen.

Beck said...

When I worked at Run On! we sold Ear Mitts. I felt like such a traitor when I'd sell a pair. It's like selling someone a t-shirt that says, "I was homeschooled and don't know any better."