Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Drewby

Last night my little brother, Andrew, called me. I figured he wanted to talk about our upcoming ski trip for his spring break. He said he just wanted to call and say hi and see how I was doing. WHAT?! I was so touched! My brother is a high school boy who is thoughtful enough to check-in on his crazy sister!

Two of my favorite and memorable discussions with my brother resulted from last night's conversation:

1. When he asked how I've been doing I just told him that things are really great but that I still have no idea what I'm doing with my life. Sometimes it's hard but I'll make it. He then told me that he prays for me. He prays that God would show me where He wants me to go in my life. I about started crying right then and there. That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard. I am truly honored that Drewby would take the time to go before God on my behalf. I told him to keep lighting candles!

I also told him my prayer for him since the day he was born. I pray that God would make Andrew a leader for Him and that Andrew would have compassion for His people. He said he's working on being leader. He's on student council and seeking out other opportunities. I'm so proud of him!

2. He said he found some old year books on his bed from when Erin and I were in Junior High and High School. In great shock he said, "Y'all were HOT back then!" I screamed with laughter and could hardly contain myself. I'm sure I was "real hot" with my perm in seventh grade. I'm going to keep that conversation in a pocket and take it with me wherever I go. I love it!

Drew, thanks for keeping me entertained (constantly) and for your love for me! I love you!

1 comment:

CrazyJohn said...

POST THE PERM PICTURE!!! DO IT!

Show the world how hot. Shant be embarrassing in the least.

If you post a seventh grade picture, maybe I will of myself. I'm just saying.

(I'll give you your Super Bowl post soon, I promise)