Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ready to Run

Jessie and Janell gave me the perfect birthday gifts. I guess living with someone for three years gives you a good idea of who they are, what they want and what they need. They know me so well! It's kind of scary.

Janell got me a year long subscription to Blockbuster online rental. It's like Netflix but you can actually go to the store! It's only $9.99 a month. Now if I could just make the time to watch a movie! My roommates claim that this is a present for me but everyone wins with it. Little do they know that I like really cheesy dance movies or foreign flicks that make you go "huh?" Well actually they do know because they've lived with me for so long.

Jessie knows I'm in training for a half-marathon this coming May. I'm a little behind in my training because of a severe case of laziness but I think I'm back on track! I've completed all my scheduled runs so far this week! AND I did the Chicago Shamrock Shuffle and didn't die! Tangent. Anywho, Jessie got me the new Nike + ipod thing for the shoe. I'm so excited to use it. Apparently at the end of a really long run Lance Armstrong will come on and congratulate you. The next best thing to that would be having the actual Lance Armstrong running with me. It would be a win win for both of us. He could cheer me on and I could make him laugh.

Because I do not wear Nike's when I run I just went online and bought this nifty little clip for it. I think I'll like it. I chose pink because I like the color. And of course I support Breast Cancer research! And it reminds me I'm a girl when I'm all salty and sweaty from running.

What are my running shoes of choice? I run in the Mizuno Wave Inspire shoe. They are light, supportive and don't cut too high on my cankles. I actually don't have cankles but I love the word. Cankles. See? It's great! I'm in need of a new pair if anyone wants to spring for them for me. I wear an 8.5 in women's. That's an 8.5 in a running shoe. Should you want to buy me these, I'll take them in an 8.

No comments: