Monday, March 19, 2007

You Had Me at "Take a Deep Breath"

So most of you have been asking for details about my new hot doctor. I'll give them to you!

Flying up to Denver I was hit with a severe sinus thing that left me with a fever and a bad case of wanting my mom to take care of me. Waiting in the airport for the family to arrive I fought back tears. I seriously don't remember the last time I cried because I didn't feel good. It could have been PMS, but I sincerely doubt it.

The ride up to the mountains was borderline hilarious and borderline just-go-ahead-and-knock-me-out-because-I'll-make-this-trip-miserable-for-you. I literally could not breathe out of my nose. After a game of "I'm going to breckenridge and I'm bringing....(everything to do with sickness and medicine)" we finally made it. Here's the view we had from the backseat forwards:














We had to text Drew in order to communicate. I think he grew quickly tired of our "hey, can I borrow a tampon" texts. We, on the otherhand, couldn't stop laughing at ourselves. Too much Affrin? Perhaps.

Saturday I was too ill to ski. My friend, Hannah, used to be a ski patrol in Summit County (she's unbelievable!) and now works at the ER just outside of Breckenridge. She told me to come in and we would get to catch up as well as heal my sinus issue. Her boyfriend also works at the ER. I saw her wave to a tall cute guy and I said enthusiastically, "Hey! Is that your tall cute boyfriend?" She said "No. My boyfriends cute but not that tall. Do you know who that is though? He was once The Bachelor on t.v." "So you're saying I have a chance!"

He walked into my room and immediately I felt flushed but I played it off as a fever. I had to breathe for him while he listened to my back and chest. He looked down my throat and then came the horror. He, without warning, started feeling my stomach to ask if it hurt. I was sitting hunched over and there were definitely rolls! Couldn't he at least ask me to lay down so he could see I have a two pack? That or buy me dinner first.

I'm pretty sure I made an impression on him: one of a weak girl who couldn't handle a sinus cold, needed to eat healthier and probably had snot bubbles coming out of her nose. I'm sure he's still asking Hannah about her cool hot friend who came into the ER.

At least I got to ski.


1 comment:

Beck said...

Dear Bachelor,
Congrats on getting to 2nd base.
Call me.
Katy