Friday, July 25, 2008

A Few Things...

First of all, the past two of my shows/rehearsals for The Senate have turned into impromptu BBQ's and other such fun summer goodness. Finally, it feels like summer! There were lightening bugs and citronella candels. All that was missing was the insane heat and humidity. It brought back the feelings of being a senior in high school and finishing your last final before graduation. No responsibilities and nothing but adventures and friendships. I'm jealous my little brother still gets to experience this. I wonder if parents get a taste of this feeling once their kids finish finals. I'm sure they do. It's probably like having to go back to school for a second time. As my mom said, "I didn't even like school when I was in it."

Secondly, I cannot believe Will was sent home last night on So You Think You Can Dance. I'm in shock. I think he is too. Sigh. My idea final four: Joshua, Twitch, Chelsey and Kaytee. I think the winner will either be Joshua or Kaytee. And I want to go ahead and mention that I have a crush on Twitch. Me and all the 14-year-old American girls out there.

Thirdly, I just finished the final book of the Harry Potter series - for the second time. I was in the lunch room reading...and crying. I was wishing I was by myself in my room so I could really cry it out.

Finally, Beckles asked me to make a CD of good songs for when she's in the hospital having a baby soon. Some upbeat songs that give you energy and motivate you. No pressure or anything on my part. So if you have any ideas of songs, please send them my way. I'd appreciate the help!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay two things... I am upset about Will as well. He was the best dancer hands down! Secondly, I have a suggestion for the CD. It is a car pool fav. "Ding, Ding, Dong" How motivating is that to have a baby? :) Gina G. (you know what that stands for.

Katy said...

Solid Gould is what that is!!! Ha! Get it? Gould!

Just imagine what would happen to Becky and the baby if she were forced to listen to that song on repeat! I guarantee the baby would come out dancing like a champ!

saradgoldberg said...

Ditto on the SYTYCD picks. It was a shocking night for sure!
Any chance you want to come out to the O'Hare Sheraton on Tuesday or Wednesday to hang out with me?

Kellsey said...

Try including "elevation" by U2. Very upbeat.

also, I watched the show for the very first time last night and when they showed clips of Will throughout the season I was SHOCKED that he was sent home. He should have won the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

I too was shocked about Will and couldn't believe Mark was safe. But honestly, any dancers in about the top 10 are probably guaranteed steady jobs doing what they love, so it's probably not a big deal in the long run. Still, that was a huge surprise.

I think that Courtney is getting better and better, to be honest. I'm happy for her that she's lasting this long. I love both Chelsea and Kaytee too, but their dancing styles are starting to look same-y to me. Chelsea always has that same hip-switch thing in her solos, and Kaytee kinda does the same thing all the time too. I've been getting more and more impressed with Courtney's solos--they're getting sharper and more inventive. Still, I don't know if Courtney will get more votes than either of them. But again, ultimately I don't think it matters who wins. They'll all be gainfully employed doing what brings them joy, and that's what matters.

Oh, speaking of which, about the summer comments--that's one of the nice things about being a teacher--you get that feeling when summer rolls around your whole life! :)

I'm not a praying person, but I will definitely be thinking about Chris and Lindsey. It sounds like Chris is young and otherwise healthy and that the diagnosis is timely, so I bet he has a great chance of pulling through.

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

Some lovely, calming, relaxing lullabies would be wonderful, I think. I would have enjoyed that playing softly in the background. Any song about the blessings that children are...but I can't actually think of one at the moment. Becky's favorites may not be her favorites when she's delivering!
Blessings to you, Russ and your baby as the time nears, Becky.
With much love from Mom2 and Dad2

Anonymous said...

Energetic:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=77:11349~T3

Motivation:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=77:12094~T3