Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Wish List

The economy has gone crazy and you're not sure what to ask for for Christmas. Should we just abandon the tradition of giving gifts this Christmas all together? Nay! It does a soul good to give and receive gifts - no matter how big or small. Here are a few ideas if you're busy racking your brain:

1. Snow-dwellers will love a pair of these Hunter Originals! Keep your toes dry this winter.















2. I'm looking at getting one of these to back up my precious photos and music. Any thoughts on the Apple Time Capsule?

3. Board Games. Some love them, some hate them. But don't come between an Orender and their scrabble board! I was crushed when Facebook no longer had Scrabulous. CRUSHED!

4. Rings are the rage! Cocktail and statement rings are everywhere. Here are a few from Anthropologie.

5. Speaking of Anthropologie, pretty much sign me up for any of these outfits. Dad, are you listening?

6. Pucker up! I LOVE my new evening lip color. It makes a statement and isn't for the bashful. But with the right attitude, anyone can pull it off. I use Laura Mercier's Lip Stain in Scarlet.

7. For the fashionista, click here for more ideas.

8. I need a new tea kettle. The old one was left behind by an old roommate.

9. Give your feet a gift - Tory Burch flats.

10. I hear all men love this fragrance. Is that true?

11. My friend, Christy, makes these personalized necklaces. I gave my mom one last year and she loves it.

12. Give the unexpected. Threadless t-shirts can be very personal and fun.

What are you giving people for Christmas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(thanks for the shout out, katy o!)
I'm deciding between Baggo and Washers for my bro-in-law - does this technically fall within #3 Board Games?? Of course, all the girls in my family receive jewelry (but I swear that's all they ask for!). I'm trying to decide on fragrance for myself so I'm thinking maybe #10 for me...

Heidi said...

If you want a good board game idea for a gift for someone, consider Blokus or The New Yorker game. They are both fun! Blokus is a strategy game for 2-4 players ages 5+ (it's my new fav game and I'm 28). And The New Yorker is more for adults -- kind of like Baulderdash but you write captions for New Yorker cartoons and then guess who wrote which one. Hilarious!