Tuesday, April 21, 2009

EWWWWWW

So I'm walking out of Walgreens Thursday night with Jessie when a woman comes walking towards us. I make eye contact with her. She suddenly stops, looks at me and says, "ew" and then keeps on walking. WHAT?! Jessie and I were laughing so hard. I had to laugh or I would cry. It did help me that Jessie also noticed that the woman was talking to herself before she looked at me and then she continued talking to herself as she walked on by. I'm thinking someone was off her meds. God let that be it!

My mom did ask me, "What were you wearing?" What was I wearing? Do you think she was responding to my outfit? Then she asked, "Well did you at least have on lipstick?" Um, no. I had on black velour sweatpants and my big puffy kelly green jacket. I had also been crying a mere two hours earlier (kick a girl while she's down) and I absolutely did not have on any lipstick. Mom's probably thinking that the lady was correct and that I absolutely deserved her remarks. (for those who know my mom, you know that she would never think these things)

What is up with people making random remarks to me? I went running a couple of weeks ago along the lake and stopped in front of my apartment building to do a few stretches. A man stops me and says, "Can I give you a comment?" I should have looked at him right then and there and said, "NO!" But of course I didn't. Next thing I know, he places his hands on my spandex shrouded buttocks. YES HE DID! "Whoa! Don't do that. What are you doing?!" "I'm trying to tell you something. People up and down lakeshore will make you pay $100 for what I'm trying to tell you. (he proceeds to touch my shoulder, then elbow, then wrist, over and over again) I have to touch you to show you. So..." Then he again places his hands too near my back side. I pull away and said, "Um, DON'T DO THAT! Move along." GEESH! Crazy middle-aged white man who appeared normal at first look. If anyone asks if they can give you a "comment" don't confuse it for "compliment."

3 comments:

Beck said...

Katy.

What will it take to get you back to the SOUTH?!?

Your fellow Chicagoans are indeed off their meds, those meds the doc has put them on to treat the terrible Seasonal Affective Disorder due to the 11 month long winters, the wind that doesn't stop, and the Yankee mindset.

Now that I have offended your readership - I have to say that you have an UNCANNY ability to attract the crazies.

(the kick a girl while she's down comment made me blow a snot wad while laughing)

Anonymous said...

Ok, the "ew" story was pretty out-there and hilarious, but the "comment guy?!" What the...?!

I'm lucky I guess because there's pretty much no one around where I run (I live waaaay west of the city in northern IL and I get to run past corn fields and a pig farm). So, you get crazy people, and I get crazy smells. Let me know if you ever wanna trade.

~Lisa

Unknown said...

Katy, as a woman who has long discussions with herself(and enjoys the company I might add)my impression is that the lady was totally inside herself and spoke outloud about some thought or feeling. You are definitely not a person one would say eww about, lipstick or no lipstick. The guy was a total perv and you apparently gave him thrill of his life.