Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day Freebies!

Happy Tax Day! I was informed that I get screwed on my taxes because I live in a state that has State Income Tax. I was also asked what our state does with this money. I said, "snow plows?" He said he thought that politicians pocket some of it. No! Not in Illinois!

Have you heard the latest? Blagojevich possibly going on a reality t.v. show? Please, make this circus stop!

Not only do you have hope of a tax return (I don't, thanks Illinois), but you also have freebies! Check out this list for participating restaurants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though Illinois has state income tax, I still got a refund from both the federal government and Illinois--but the only reason I got anything back from Illinois is because I own my condo so I was able to deduct my Illinois property taxes. But even if I did end up having to pay Illinois taxes, the federal refund would have more than made up for it.

~Lisa

Jill said...

Weird, I've never NOT gotten a refund from Illinois. Is your work not witholding things each pay period, so you have to pay at the end of the year? (I may or may not have any idea what I am talking about. Also, this is Lindsay's friend Jill lurking again)