Friday, April 24, 2009

Shedding

When you've been bundled up all winter long in down coats, thick wool sweaters, angora hats and gloves, there's something odd about suddenly wearing a tank top in public - specifically one with spaghetti straps. I have to repeatedly tell myself that I am not a whore and that it's perfectly fine to wear a tank top in public; especially when it's 85 degrees outside (For the first time since October, bee-tee-dubs. It's been a LONG six months!). Am I the only one who feels this way?

Chicago is hopping right now. I spent my lunch hour getting my nails done (lovely Jelly Apple red by Essie) and running to pick up some frames for work. Hello tourists, you are back. But thank you for bringing the warm sunny weather with you! I am so happy it's warm that I don't mind the humidity making my hair frizzy.

2 comments:

The Mitchells said...

I've already seen bathing suits and cover-ups at Snider Plaza...I had to call Becks and gripe...silly college girls...and it wasn't even 80 yet!

Nothing beats tank tops and flops...if you feel naked just come visit home for a while...you will feel covered up.

lindsay said...

Katy I TOTALLY feel that way! ;o)