Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Hot Lunch

So I ventured out to Corner Bakery with my friend Erin. We are disheartened in the fact that this store is closing. I truely is our Bakery on the Corner. We've lunched there so frequently that everyone knows us by name. I mean, the tomato basil soup brings such comfort to the soul! So long dear friend.

While eating our delicious meals, we sat next to three fairly attractive looking men. This struck us as unusual there in the Corner Bakery. Not often do you see three attractive STRAIGHT young men sipping soup and eating bagels. We really didn't pay much attention until both of us heard the phrase, "yeah, she's gained like 20-30 pounds since I broke up with her." I was so aghast that I nearly spit the delicious tomato basil soup into Erin's face. I mean, did he REALLY think that it was because of him? huh? psshhh. wha? yeah riiiight! I really really really really wanted to say something in response. But then I realized that I was shoving my face with food.

No comments: